Nottingham has a rich history of sporting achievements and every year NTU and UoN come together to continue tradition with our annual Varsity series – a fortnight of competitive sport that brings together students from both universities at some of the city’s top venues.
It’s a classic tale of local rivalry dating back to the first Varsity football event in 2001 and this year is set to be the biggest yet. Taking place over two weeks, it’ll see favourites like basketball and ice hockey plus the less conventional sports like fustal and table tennis, all battling it out for the Varsity Winner title.
Even if sport isn’t necessarily your thing, the atmosphere, tension, and excitement are not to be missed so make sure you’re there to cheer your team to victory!
Changes to the series
We are very much looking forward to celebrating the sporting achievements of our students at this year’s Varsity series. Please note that we have implemented a number of changes to the 2018 series compared to previous years:
- This year there will be no season tickets available. Each event has its own individual ticket
- Tickets for all events will be available to purchase in advance from your Students’ Union website (with the exception of Super Wednesday events, which are free to attend and do not require tickets)
- On the door ticket sales are not guaranteed but will be available providing the venue is not at capacity from advance online sales
- Alcohol restrictions have been put in place for some events. See individual event descriptions before buying tickets for specific details.
- Spectating at Football is limited to invited guests & club members only. There will be no tickets available on general sale.
We recommend buying tickets for the events you wish to attend as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Tickets are available from your Students’ Union website from 12pm Monday 12th March.
We look forward to seeing you support your team in the true sporting spirit of the Varsity series.